Vega Community

share. learn. thrive!

So I have made several of the energy bars in The Thrive Diet book. They have quickly become a stable on my long bikes and runs, they also make a great snack. On a 6 hour bike and a transition run I am really liking them for the additional energy without the artaficial (sp) flavours of the usual Gel Shots, or energy bars. They are also quickly becoming my biking and running buddies fav's as well. They keep taking mine. Anyone got any more recipes? They are quit simple to make and I just put them in the fridge after making them. I always appreciate varity!!

Views: 622

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi David,

Here's a recipe I make quite a bit for raw energy bars:

2 Tbsp. sprouted flax powder, or ground flax seed
3/4 cup mix of mulberries, goji berries, and goldenberries
2 Tbsp cacao nibs
handful raw cashews
4 large mejool dates
1 cup chopped raw walnuts

Directions:

Grind all ingredients together in a food processer. The dough may be left slightly crunchy for a bar with more texture. Remove from food processor and knead to ensure ingredients are uniformly combined. Form into a large patty, and cut into bars.

Makes 4 bars
Attachments:
Thanks Julie, I will use this recipe for my next bar creation!! I should start charging my friends for these. Any royalties I will share with you!! ;')

Dave

Julie Morris said:
Hi David,

Here's a recipe I make quite a bit for raw energy bars:

2 Tbsp. sprouted flax powder, or ground flax seed
3/4 cup mix of mulberries, goji berries, and goldenberries
2 Tbsp cacao nibs
handful raw cashews
4 large mejool dates
1 cup chopped raw walnuts

Directions:

Grind all ingredients together in a food processer. The dough may be left slightly crunchy for a bar with more texture. Remove from food processor and knead to ensure ingredients are uniformly combined. Form into a large patty, and cut into bars.

Makes 4 bars
I have been making the energy bars as well. I sometimes skip steps and they end up being different and still tasty.
I'll keep you posted on the next mistake I make.
Emma,

I'm thinking of your discusion I just commented on and thought here is another way to up your protein...I have been experimenting with energy bar recipes but I seem to add quinoa and amaranth to them all aswell as hemp protein. The psuedograins are rich in amino acids and add a nice texture to the energy bars.

Emma Moore said:
I have been making the energy bars as well. I sometimes skip steps and they end up being different and still tasty.
I'll keep you posted on the next mistake I make.
I made these bars that are really good. I use them on my long rides and like yours, my riding partners are quickly turning to me for these tasty energy treats.

1 Banana
1/4 c. flaxmeal
2 tblsp coconut oil
3 tsp cocao nibs (raw)
3 tsp coconut flakes
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
3-5 dates

process until smooth and eat frequently !! :-) I usually just make these into balls and then throw them in a small container on my rides.
Thanks! I'll try these out!
Thanks to all of you. These are all great recipes. I just picked up some great dates that need a great recipe.
My mom makes the energy drink for m,and i generally drink ,so i can't help you on this matter.

http://www.optimalessentials.com/products/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Vega Kelly.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service