Vega Community

share. learn. thrive!

Although Vega can be taken with just water, I like to add other ingredients to change it up. And I'm always looking for new recipes! What's your favorite way to drink Vega?

Here's mine. Simple and uncomplicated, I love taking this after a long run or intense training as my recovery drink.

1 scoop Vanilla Chai Vega
1 cup crushed ice
1/2 cup rice milk
1 150g package dessert tofu (any flavour)

cheers!
stelle

Views: 1196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is what I had for breakfast this morning:

1 scoop Natural Vega
1 banana
1 cup ice
1 tsp matcha green tea
Agave to taste
Water

It's a beautiful green colour and really refreshing!
Mine is similar. Try this for your kids who love chocolate milkshakes.

1 scoop Vega Chocolate
1 cup chilled unsweetened chocolate almond or rice milk
1 cup shaved frozen said milk

(If you don't have a shaver, this is a great product. Easy to use/clean.
http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Snowman-Ice-Shaver/dp/B00008IH...)

Blend

Couldn't be easier and is Delicious!
similar to most

1 scoop Vega Berry Health Optimizer
1 banana
1 tsp green tea
Natural almond or rice
bit of fruit esp blueberries or mango
Agave to taste
some lemon or lime
Water/crushed ice
I don't understand why you use soy products when practicall all soy is now GMO?
Hi JoAnn

Being a newbie Vegetarian, I'm not super strict on my diet so at the moment i'm not focused on my GMO intake, just keeping with my vegetarianism and trying to achieve all my required nutrients... . one step at a time!
2 scoop Vanilla Chai
1/2 Frozen banana
1 tsp Cocao nibs
1 cup Homemade Almond Milk
Ice

Magic Bullet!!!!
1) What are Cocao nibs?
2) Homemade Almond Milk --- where does a person get homemade almond milk?
3) Where do you people get Agave? Does it come in liquid or powder form?

Sorry for the questions, I'm new to all of this.

Nathane L. Jackson said:
2 scoop Vanilla Chai
1/2 Frozen banana
1 tsp Cocao nibs
1 cup Homemade Almond Milk
Ice

Magic Bullet!!!!
Hi Ellen!!

Cocao nibs are dairy free chocolate chips
Homemade almond milk, he makes it himself but you can buy it at the store or if you drink milk then use regular milk or regular chocolate chips :)
You can find Agave nectar in the health food aisle of your local grocery store or any store which has an organic section. It comes in a syrup form and people use it as a substitute to sugar because it's sweeter.

hope this helps!
stelle
Hi Stelle :)

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated. :)

Stelle Sepidoza said:
Hi Ellen!!

Cocao nibs are dairy free chocolate chips
Homemade almond milk, he makes it himself but you can buy it at the store or if you drink milk then use regular milk or regular chocolate chips :)
You can find Agave nectar in the health food aisle of your local grocery store or any store which has an organic section. It comes in a syrup form and people use it as a substitute to sugar because it's sweeter.

hope this helps!
stelle
To make Almond milk: soak 1cup of raw almonds in approx 1 1/2 cups water overnight (in the fridge) (or for 3 to 4 hours if you are in a hurry). Rinse them well and discard the soak water. Blend the soaked nuts with 3 to 4 cups of water, 4 dates or agace to taste and a pinch of salt. You can add a piece of vanilla bean if you want too. After you have blended it for two minutes or so strain it through a few layers of cheesecloth or a cloth jelly bag. It sounds way more complicated than it is. Its raw and really good. Store it in the fridge in a covered glass container for up to 5 days.
Thank you, Nicole! :) Too much work for me. lol.. This sounds almost like how you make soy milk.

Nicole Lund said:
To make Almond milk: soak 1cup of raw almonds in approx 1 1/2 cups water overnight (in the fridge) (or for 3 to 4 hours if you are in a hurry). Rinse them well and discard the soak water. Blend the soaked nuts with 3 to 4 cups of water, 4 dates or agace to taste and a pinch of salt. You can add a piece of vanilla bean if you want too. After you have blended it for two minutes or so strain it through a few layers of cheesecloth or a cloth jelly bag. It sounds way more complicated than it is. Its raw and really good. Store it in the fridge in a covered glass container for up to 5 days.
Where can you purchase this????

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Vega Kelly.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service