Vega Community

share. learn. thrive!

I really wanted to throw this question out there, as this is the first time I have encountered this issue...  I have a big figure competition in 4 weeks, and my energy and strength has took a noticeable dive over the last couple of week.  I have 3 or 4 pounds left to remove, and I've hit a wall.  Seem winded even when working out.  Bloodwork checks out, health is fine, nothing has changed with diet.... just looking for suggestions that might help strip the last of the fat, as well as pick my energy and strength back up, ultimately also prevent lost of mass.  Any thoughts??? 

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

You could try cycling your calorie intake - 2 or 3 really low cal and lower carb days followed by a higher calorie and carb day to keep the metabolism stoked. 

Meredith- I do this type of eating presently.  As mentioned, this is my 6th yr. competing, so have this process down... just stumped about what could be going on this time.  @Erin, here in FL, there is no licensing for naturopathy like I had in WA, but I do go to a bioidentical hormone therapist for bloodwork/saliva testing which is processed by a naturopathic lab in OR.  Included in this was heme, plus free iron... both free iron and iron stores were fine, as well as other key nutritional areas. 

I'm almost wondering if it's not from within, but environmental... as in pollen allergies.  Also, I'm in health care... including nutrition counseling... so I'm really being a detective on this one!  :)  When it's such a passion, although frustrating, also very interesting.  Thanks so much for the suggestions!

possibly an adrenal issue? - esp if its sudden, you have been training hard and nothing else has changed....or some kind of hormonal imbalance?

Try some maca root - add to smoothies :)

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I've finally got this one figured out.  All the "numbers" checked, I just have to provide extra support for the extreme physical demands I'm under presently.  It's "season" here in FL, and as a sports massage therapist, I'm seeing around 40 clients per week.  Add to that being a single mom of a teenager, training 6 days/wk, and, at the moment, extreme dieting... what do you mean, I can't do it all???  LOL   Anyway, the solution I found was to up my veggies through more juicing, increase the maca and chlorella (thanks again Nathane!), and I've also started a series of 4 IV  infusions of concentrated vitamins.  Wow, it's been like breathing life into the dead!

Hey Suzette,

I facebooked you but not sure which one you check more often.  I am just checking in to see how your prep is coming along and if the green juices are still proving to be useful?

Get it done, Plant Strong!

Nate

Suzette Henderson said:

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I've finally got this one figured out.  All the "numbers" checked, I just have to provide extra support for the extreme physical demands I'm under presently.  It's "season" here in FL, and as a sports massage therapist, I'm seeing around 40 clients per week.  Add to that being a single mom of a teenager, training 6 days/wk, and, at the moment, extreme dieting... what do you mean, I can't do it all???  LOL   Anyway, the solution I found was to up my veggies through more juicing, increase the maca and chlorella (thanks again Nathane!), and I've also started a series of 4 IV  infusions of concentrated vitamins.  Wow, it's been like breathing life into the dead!
Sent you a FB, I check them both equally...  I'd be curious to hear your opinion of "Trim Wellness Cafe" - www.trimwellnesscafe.com .  They have asked to be my sponsor, photo ops, promotions, the whole package...!

Nathane L. Jackson said:

Hey Suzette,

I facebooked you but not sure which one you check more often.  I am just checking in to see how your prep is coming along and if the green juices are still proving to be useful?

Get it done, Plant Strong!

Nate

Suzette Henderson said:

RSS

© 2014   Created by Vega Kelly.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service