Who loves wasabi?
Courtesy of Flickr’s Amarand Agasi
Thanks to veganyumyum.com for this recipe! As she described, it’s “freakin’ delicious.” It is simple, flavorful and perfect for Spring! We decided to call it a rocket salad because arugula (rocket) is a leafy green herb related to the radish; which makes arugula the ideal greens to pair with the bold flavours of wasabi and mustard in this recipe. For those of you with a fear of spicy foods, I urge you to still give this recipe a try. The sweetness of mango and creamy avocado/hummus dressing will offset the mild wasabi sensation - which I personally love.
- Greens of your choice, for 4-6 people ( I used arugula, aka. rocket)
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 2 TSP EFA Antioxidant Oil Blend
- 3/4 CUP Celery, chopped
- 1 Mango, chopped
- 1/3 CUP Toasted Slivered Almonds
- 1 Recipe Wasabi Chickpeas, below
- 1 Recipe Avocado Wasabi dressing, below
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Avocado Wasabi Dressing
- 1 Ripe Avocado, diced
- 2 TSP White Wine Vinegar
- 3 TBS Hummus, plain or garlic
- 1 TSP Stoneground Mustard
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 2 TSP Wasabi Powder
- 1/3 Cup EFA Antioxidant Oil Blend
- Whisk dressing ingredients together, except for EFA oil, until smooth. Slowly add EFA oil until emulsified and smooth, refrigerate.
- Toast almonds, set aside.
- Mix wasabi-tamari chickpeas and set aside.
- In large bowl, add your salad ingredients and wasabi-tamari chickpeas (leave some almonds and chickpeas for garnish). Toss with dressing to lightly coat.
- Dish salad, garnish and crack fresh black pepper over the top. Serve immediately!